Using Computers in Entertainment
- We can use computers for entertainment as well.
- We can play computer games like cards and chess on the computer.
- We can draw pictures, make greeting cards and do a lot of other funny things on computer.
- We can watch movies and also listen to the music with the help of a computer.
Families can use computers to talk to each other through email, chat or other services of the Internet. Thus, we see that computers significantly influence the lives of people.
Match the following
1. Computer game i. Chat
2. E-mail ii. Monitor
3. Watch Movies on iii. Prince
(A) 1, ii; 2, i; 3, iii
(B) 1, iii; 2, i; 3, ii
(C) 1, i; 2, iii; 3, ii
(D) 1, iii, 2, ii, 3, i
(B) For entertainment children play games on computer like prince. Email is used for chatting and you can watch movies on computers monitor. Therefore, option (B) is correct.
(A) Matched incorrectly.
(C) Matched incorrectly.
(D) Matched incorrectly.
Computers are used for entertainment by all sections of people. You use computer to:
1. Chat with their family members residing abroad.
2. Listen music on the computer.
3. Book cinema tickets.
Select the correct use.
(A) 1 and 2
(B) 2 and 3
(C) All of these
(D) None of these
(C) Computers are used for chatting, listening music, booking tickets and many more.
(A) Not only 1 and 2 are correct but 3 is also correct.
(B) Not only 2 and 3 are correct but 1 is also correct.
(D) None of the statements is incorrect.
- Charles Babbage is known as the 'Father of Computer' as the concept of the computer was first derived by him. He was a British mathematician and inventor.
- Animation: A simulation of movement created by displaying a series of pictures, or frames. Cartoons on television are one example of animation.
- Multi Media: A combination of text, audio, still images, animation and videos
- Robot: A program that runs automatically without human intervention. Typically a robot is endowed with some artificial intelligence so that it can react to different situations it may encounter.
- Note-Book Computer: Also known as a laptop is a personal computers designed for mobile use and small and light enough to sit on a person's lap while in use.
- Apple Computer: An American multinational corporation that designs and manufactures consumer electronics, computer software and personal computers.
- IBM PC: The IBM Personal Computer, commonly known as the IBM PC, is the original version of the IBM PC compatible hardware platform.
- LAN: A local area network which is a computer network covering a small physical area, like a home, office or small group of buildings, such as a school or an airport.
- Home Computer: A class of personal computers used for education, game play and word processing.
- Computers are wonderful electronic machines which help us to do our work faster and make it easier. It is in use almost everywhere you go - homes, schools, offices, banks and so on.
- Resources on Net: http://www.wikipedia.org