Category : 5th Class
Real Life Example
Scientists have found that telling a story can plant emotions, thoughts and ideas into the brain of the listener. This means that the story writers have the ultimate power to influence others.
When you are writing something down with a pen, you are stimulating a collection of cells in the base of your brain known as Reticular Activating System (RAS).
An account of someone?s life written by that person else is called a Biography.
An account of a person?s life written by that person himself/herself is known an Autobiography.
This lesson will help you to:-
QUICK CONCEPT REVIEW
In this lesson you can learn to communicate in complete thoughts for different purposes. At the beginning, you may still write in short, literal, choppy sentences but as you progress through the year, you learn to write more detailed essays and stories to communicate what you are learning. To help yourself learn how to write events in a story for a more flowing account, you can think of the story as a recipe. Using story maps and plot planners, you gain proficiency in using literary devices to spin tales fascinate readers with interesting details.
The outline of a story is the basic framework of a story. It is often just a skeleton outline. It shows us some of main facts of the story and tells in brief what the story is like. We have to fill in all the details relevant to story and thus make up a readable story.
The following few hints will tell you how to build up a story from a given outline:
1. Read the given outline carefully. Note all the points. Follow as strictly as possible the sketch provided.
2. Be careful to connect the points given in the outline naturally, so that the whole will read well as a connected piece of good composition.
3. You must use your imagination in filling the details of action, gesture and conversation that should connect one point with the next.
4. Wherever possible, introduce dialogue or conversation: but be careful to make it natural and interesting.
5. The conclusion or ending of a story should be striking and interesting.
6. If you are asked to give a title or heading to the story you may name it (i) after the main character, object or incident of the story, or (ii) after a proverb or well-known quotation illustrated by the story.
7. Revise your writing and remove all mistakes in spelling, grammar, punctuation, etc. Some famous authors of children books and their stories:
Various authors have penned real-life incidents as stories of many personalities? kings, leaders, scientists etc. Abul Fazal wrote Akbarnama which is a biography of King Akbar. One of the most famous biographies written on Mahatma Gandhi is by Louis Fischer.
Misconcept / concept
Misconcept: You are not a true writer until you have published a book.
Concept: Some writers will never publish a book. There are many types of writers out in the world today. Some do write bestsellers, self- help, humour, fitness, and all other types of books. However, some writers write only for the internet or blogs, some for magazines and newspapers. Others are copywriters and write ads, brochures, websites, and such.
You need to login to perform this action.
You will be redirected in 3 sec