Some time you need to represent information in tabular forms. Word 2003 enables the facility to insert a table in word document easily. You can apply various functions, such as insert and delete data. You can also increase or decrease number of columns and rows according to your requirements.
To insert a table in word document:
- Place the cursor where you want to place the table.
- Select Table Insert Table to display the Insert Table dialog box.
- Set the number of columns in the Number of columns text box.
- Set the number of rows in the Number of rows text box.
- To close the Insert Table dialog box Click OK.
- A table with the defined number of rows and columns will get inserted in the document.
You can move the cursor in table by tab key or arrow key or click in the appropriate cell. After inserting table in a document, it can be modified as require. The columns and rows can be added to the table or deleted from the table.
To add a row:
- Where the row is to be added above or below in the cell place the insertion point there itself.
- Select Table Insert Rows Below or Rows Above.
To add column:
- Where a new column is to be added place the insertion point in the column beside that place.
- Select Table Insert Columns to the Right or Columns to the Left.
To delete rows:
- The row to be deleted place the insertion point there.
- Select Table Delete Rows.
To delete columns:
- The column to be deleted place the insertion point there.
- Select Table Delete Columns.