Category : 10th Class
In this section/ problems are based on blood relations. The process of solving these problems (puzzles) depends upon the deep knowledge of blood relations. The common relations are: Father, Mother, Grandparents/ Wife, Husband/Son, Daughter, Grandchild, Sister, Brother etc.
1. Relatives on the mother's side are called 'maternal'. For example, mother's brother is called maternal uncle.
2. Relatives on the father's side are called 'paternal'. For example, father's brother is called paternal uncle.
3. Assume a relation as paternal relation, unless stated otherwise.
1. A woman going with a boy is asked by another woman about the relationship between them.
The woman replied, "My maternal uncle and the uncle of his maternal uncle is the same."
How is the lady related with that boy?
(a) Grandmother and Grandson
(b) Mother and Son
(c) Aunt and Nephew
(d) Sister and brother
The brother of woman's mother is the same as brother of the father of boy's maternal uncle. Also, the woman's mother's brother is the boy's maternal uncle's father, Thus, the woman's mother's brother's son is boy's maternal uncle, i.e., woman's mother's brother's daughter is boy's mother.
So, the woman and boy's mother are cousins. Thus, the woman is boy's aunt. Hence, the answer is (c).
2. A and B are brothers. C and D are sisters. A's son is D's brother. How is B related to C?
(a) Father (b) Brother
(c) Uncle (d) Grandfather
Clearly, A's son is C's brother. This means C is the daughter of A. So, B is the uncle of C. Hence, the answer is (c).
3. If 'P + Q' means 'P is the father of Q', means 'P is the brother of Q' and 'P - Q' means 'P is the mother of Q', then which of the following is definitely true about C ? A+B?
(a) B is the son of A (b) B is the father of A
(c) A is the son of C (d) C is the mother of B
C - A + B' means 'C is the mother of A who is the father of B'.
This clearly implies that A is the son of C.
You need to login to perform this action.
You will be redirected in 3 sec