Lifelines of National Economy - Important Terms And Concepts
Category : 10th Class
Lifelines of National Economy
Important Terms And Concepts
- Balance of Trade. It is the difference between the total value of exports and imports of goods of a nation.
- Border Roads. These are roads constructed along the international frontier for maintaining the defence of the country.
- Communication. Exchange of ideas, emotions, messages, either written or oral, from one place to another all over the world.
- Exports. Goods dispatched/sent from one country to another.
- Golden Quadrilateral Super ways. Roads built for fast and uninterrupted traffic having four to six lanes connecting the four metropolitan cities of Delhi, Mumbai, Chennai and Kolkata.
- Harbour. A deep coast of sea where ships are anchored safely.
- Hinterland. An area served by a port.
- Imports. Goods brought into a country from other Countries
- International Trade. Trade carried on between countries.
- Mass Communication. The means of communication through which one can communicate with several people at the same time.
- National Highways. Roads connecting the capitals and the metropolitan cities of the country.
- Pipelines. A new means of transport for carrying oil and natural gas from the oilfields and refineries to far off places.
- Personal Communication. Communication between two or more persons at personal level.
- Port. A commercial part of a harbour where loading and unloading of goods takes place in ships.
- State Highways. Roads connecting the state capital with other major cities of the state.
- Trade. Exchange of goods and commodities between or among countries or within the country.
- Transport. A system by which goods and passengers are carried from one place to another.