Category : 11th Class
Some interrelated disciplines of biology (career options in biology) from which any field can be selected for further rewarding career.
(1) Virology : It is the study of viruses.
(2) Agronomy : This branch deals with the management of farms and is the science of crop production.
(3) Pathology : It is the study of diseases (their nature, causes, symptoms, effects and control).
(4) Breeding : This branch is concerned with the production of new improved races by mating selected parents.
(5) Entomology : It is the study of structure, habits and classification of insects.
(6) Anthropology : It is the study of physical, cultural, mental and social nature of primitive and modern man.
(7) Veterinary science : It deals with the study of domestic animals.
(8) Ichthyology or Fishery or Pisciculture : It deals with the study of rearing fish.
(9) Apiculture : It deals with the study of bee-keeping for obtaining honey and wax.
(10) Poultry : It is the branch of science dealing with the study of raising domestic fowls as chicken, ducks and geese.
(11) Food technology : It is the study of processing and preservation of foods, vegetables, fruits, etc.
(12) Nutrition : It supplies information for proper nourishment of human and other organisms for healthy living.
(13) Forestry : It is concerned with protection and development of forests and to explore the outcome and economic potential of forests.
(14) Horticulture : It is the study primarily aimed at the improvement of ornamental and fruit yielding plants.
(15) Pharmacology : It deals with study of drugs and preparation of medicines.
(16) Bacteriology : It aims at the study of bacteria and includes the exploration of useful and harmful effects.
(17) Genetics : The branch which is concerned with differences and resemblances among parents and progeny especially those due to heredity or inheritance.
(18) Pharmacy : It deals with the preparation and compounding medicines and dispensing them as per doctor's prescription.
(19) Soil Science : It aims at the study of soil, its structure, type and dynamics.
(20) Dairy technology : It is the study of manufacture of milk products.
(21) Microbiology : It is the study of microscopic organisms.
(22) Psychology : The branch of science which deals with behaviour and qualities etc. of human mind.
(23) Forensic Sciences: It is the application of scientific knowledge to the question of civil and criminal laws e.g., study of finger prints, blood typing, identification of narcotics etc.
(24) Medicine: The branch of science responsible for curing diseases with drugs or other curative substances.
(25) Surgery: It is a branch of medicine which deals with physical operations to cure injuries and other diseases of body.
(26) Biomedical engineering: It deals with the production of spare parts of man such as artificial limbs, implants and heart, lung machine etc.
(27) Physiotherapy : It is the branch of science which mainly aims at curing the diseases, defects and body weaknesses by physical remedies as massage and exercise etc.
(28) Genetic engineering : It is a branch of genetics which deals with production of organism with combination of new heritable characters at will (gene-manipulation).
(29) Occupational therapy : It involves the cure of convalescents and physically handicapped by doing light work for diversion, physical exercise or vocational training.
(30) DNA finger printing : By this technique a person can be identified on the basis of his genes as no two persons can have identical sub-genetic make up.
(31) Bioinformatics : This branch of biology deals with the systematic development and application of computing systems and computational solution of techniques, analysing data obtained by experiments, modelling, database searching and instrumentation to make novel observations about biological processes.
(32) Computer simulation : It is the conversion of physiological phenomena into graphical and multidimensional and multimedia presentation without actually involving plants/animals.
(33) Computational biology : It deals with systematic development, application and validation of computational hardware and software solutions for building simulation models of biological systems.
(34) Prawn Farming : It deals "with" rearing, transportation and marketing of prawns.
(35) Medical transcription : It deals with interpretation and typewriting (transcribing) dictation from physicians and other health care providers regarding patient assessment and work-up surgical, radiology and therapeutic methods, clinical course, diagnosis and prognosis etc.
You need to login to perform this action.
You will be redirected in 3 sec