Category : 12th Class
(1) In general, growth involves three processes or strategies namely cell proliferation, cell enlargement and secretion of large amount of extracellular matrix.
(2) Growth is an important part of development, continuing throughout life.
(3) Early embryonic developmental stages constitute prefunctional state of life.
(4) The biological process of growth and differentiation enables the animal to enter the functional state of life.
(5) Morphogenesis refers to generation of form and structure during development of an individual organism.
(6) Morphogenesis produces new forms by involving cell movements.
(7) Morphogenetic movements of large number of cells during development is particularly noticed during gastrulation.
(8) Differentiation results in increasing diversity of cells.
You need to login to perform this action.
You will be redirected in 3 sec