Human Body and their Needs
Category : 2nd Class
This lesson will help you to:
Did you know?
QUICK COCEPT REVIEW
In the previous class, you have learnt about the
Basic organs of the body. i.e. eyes, ears, nose, skin and tongue Let us study them in detail.
Parts of a Body
Eyes are the sense organs of the human body.
They are located on the head. Every human being has 2 eyes.
We see different things around us with the help of our eyes. Without eyes we cannot see anything.
EAR are the sense organs of the human body.
They are located one on each side of the head part of the body.
Every human being has 2 ears.
We can hear different types of sounds with the help of ear. Without ear, we cannot hear anything.
Nose is a sense organ. It is also located on the head part of the body. Nose help us to breathe and smell. Every human being has one nose.
Tongue is the sense organ of the human body.
It is present inside the mouth. Every human being has one I tongue. Tongue helps us to taste different food items.
Skin is the sense organ of the human body. Skin is present all over the body. It protects us from the external environment and germs. Skin gives us the sense of touch.
Our body is made up of cells which combine together to form tissue. Tissues join to form organs. Organs do not work alone. A number of organs in our body are connected together to do a particular kind of work. This is known as organ system.
1. The digestive system helps in breakdown of food into simpler form and being utilized by the body.
2. The circulatory system is made up of heart, blood and blood vessels. It carries blood to all parts of the body.
3. The respiratory system helps us in breathing. It includes lungs and windpipe provides us with oxygen that our body needs and removes the harmful carbon dioxide from our body.
4. The excretory system consists of kidneys and ureters. It removes the waste products from the body.
5. Skeletal system is made up of bones. It provides shape and support to the body. An adult body has 206 bones while newborn Babies have 270 small, soft bones. As the baby grows, the bones join together.
6. Muscular system is made up of muscles. Most of the muscles are fixed with the bones. Bones and muscles work together and help in movement.
7. The nervous system consists of brain and nerves. Brain is the storehouse of knowledge. It is protected by skull. It receives messages from the sense organs and other parts of the body and sends order for the action.
8. The reproductive system helps to produce the young ones.
Real Life Example:
You need to login to perform this action.
You will be redirected in 3 sec