Coding - Decoding
Category : 5th Class
Ø WHAT IS CODING?
Coding is a method of expressing something in secret way.
Ø WHAT IS DECODING?
Decoding is a process to understand a code language.
Ø TYPES OF CODING
1. Letter Coding: Letters are used in forward or backward or both the directions for making some code language.
2. Direct Letter Coding: Letters of a word are directly replaced by other letters. For example:
Here, S, A, L and Y are replaced by B, D, C and Z. Similarly, LAYS can be coded as CDZB.
3. Number/Symbol Coding: Numerals or symbols are assigned to words.
4. Substitution Coding: Some particular words are assigned to certain names.
1. If INDIA is coded as 23426 and GREED is coded as 78994, then how will DEAR be coded?
(a) 2396 (b) 9468 (c) 4968 (d) 4986
2. If the code of PRESENT is TNESERP and code of PAPER is REPAP, then what will be the code of MONDAY?
(a) YADNOM (b) YADOMN (c) YADMNO (d) YADMON
Letters of word are written in reverse order to get their code.
So, code for MONDAY is YADNOM.
You need to login to perform this action.
You will be redirected in 3 sec