9th Class Social Science Democratic Rights Question Bank 9th CBSE Social Science Democratic Rights

  • question_answer   When Madhurima went to the property registration   office, the Registrar told her' You can't write your name as Madhurima Bannerjee d/o AK Bannerjee'. You are married, so, you must give your husband's name. Your husband's surname is Rao. So, your name should be changed to Madhurima Rao. She did not agree. She said If my husband's name has not changed after marriage, why should mine?' In your opinion, who is right in this dispute? And why?       


                      Madhurima is right. She has the right to use her either maiden surname or her husband's surname. She cannot be forced to change her name. It will violate her Fundamental Right, Right to Equality.


You need to login to perform this action.
You will be redirected in 3 sec spinner