SSC Ecology And Environment Sample Paper NCERT Sample Paper-4

  • question_answer
    Carbon monoxide is a pollutant, because it

    A)  Inhibits glycolysis

    B)  Reacts with oxygen

    C)  Reacts with haemoglobin

    D)  Makes nervous system inactive

    Correct Answer: C

    Solution :

    [c] Carbon monoxide is a colourless and odourless gas. It is emitted by the combustion of petrol, diesel, coal and burning of wood. It reacts with haemoglobin to form oxyhaemoglobin which causes headache, nausea, weakness and finally death.

You need to login to perform this action.
You will be redirected in 3 sec spinner