We call Mahabharata as dynamic text because of following reasons:
1. The growth of the Mahabharata did not stop with the Sanskrit version.
2. Over the centuries, versions of the epic were written in a variety of languages through an ongoing process of dialogue between peoples, communities, and those who wrote the texts.
3. Several stories that originated in specific regions or circulated amongst certain people found their way into the epic.
4. The central story of the epic was often retold in different ways.
5. Episodes were depicted in sculpture and painting. They also provided themes for a wide range of performing arts - plays, dance and other kinds of narrations.
You need to login to perform this action.
You will be redirected in 3 sec