Introduction to Wordpad
Microsoft wordpad is a basic word processor that comes with windows. Wordpad a program used to process format and store documents like letters, memo, reports curriculum vitae and many more. It is also capable of producing a print out of the end results. The Wordpad file is saved with extension .rtf. But it is more advanced than Microsoft notepad.
Steps to open wordpad in windows 10:
- Click on the windows button in the lower left hand corner of the Desktop.
- Click All programs, then Accessories, then click the Wordpad
To open Wordpad, Type ?WordPad? in the search box on the task bar and the select from the list of result.
- Title bar: The title bar at the top of the window. On the right hand side of the title bar, we have three important control buttons, Minimize, Maximize (restore) and Cancel button.
- Menu bar: The menu bar below the title bar of WordPad. It consist of following menus, File, Home and View menu button.
- Toolbar: The toolbar is used for quick access. It contain some important tools used as short cut tools. These are like shortcut to New, Open, Save, Print, Print preview, Undo, Redo.
- File Menu: This menu is used for functions like creating a new document, opening an already saved document, saving a document, printing and page set up.
- Home Menu: This menu has a number of important groups like: Clipboard, Font, Paragraph, Insert and Editing.
The clipboard groups contain cut, copy, paste option.
- The Font group contain font, Bold, Italic, Underline, Strikethrough, Subscript, Superscript, Text color, Text highlight color and some other functions.
- The Paragraph group contain bullets, paragraph alignment, indent setting, line spacing options.
- The Insert group contain inserting picture, paint drawing, Date and time and insert object options.
- The editing group contain Find, Replace and Select all option.
- View Menu: The view menu is used for viewing (displaying) the following: Zoom in, Zoom out, Ruler, Status bar, Word wrap and measurement unit.