SSC General Science & Technology Sample Paper NCERT Sample Paper-2

  • question_answer
    Exposure to carbon monoxide (from coal gas) is extremely dangerous and can kill a patient because:

    A)  \[CO{{H}_{6}}\] Reduces the ability of blood to transport oxygen by rupturing a vast majority of erythrocytes

    B)  \[CO{{H}_{6}}\] Greatly modifies the structure of haemoglobin thus making it lose is affinity for oxygen

    C)  \[CO{{H}_{6}}\] (is stable compound and thus deprives blood of its ability to transport oxygen

    D)  The compound carboxyl-haemoglobin, can gradually clot the blood resulting in circulatory failure

    Correct Answer: C

    Solution :

    [c] Carbon monoxide is a toxic (poisonous) gas, but, being colorless, odorless, tasteless, and initially non- irritating, it is very difficult for people to detect.

You need to login to perform this action.
You will be redirected in 3 sec spinner