SSC General Science & Technology Sample Paper NCERT Sample Paper-6

  • question_answer
    Titan is the moon of Saturn, which gas is predominant over the atmosphere of Titan?

    A)  Methane          

    B)  Nitrogen

    C)  Oxygen

    D)  Hydrogen

    Correct Answer: B

    Solution :

    [b] The atmosphere of Titan is the layer of gases surrounding Titan, the largest moon of Saturn. It is the only thick atmosphere of a natural satellite in the Solar System. The atmospheric composition in the stratosphere is 98.4%nitrogen?the only dense, nitrogen-rich atmosphere in the Solar System aside from Earth's?with the remaining 1.6% composed of mostly of methane (1.4%) and hydrogen (0.1-0.2%). Because methane condenses out of Titan's atmosphere at high altitudes, its abundance increases as one descends below the tropopause at an altitude of 32 km, leveling off at a value of 4.9% between 8 km and the surface,

You need to login to perform this action.
You will be redirected in 3 sec spinner