Category : 10th Class
'Classification means grouping of items/words/numbers in accordance of their common properties.
In such type of problems some items are given. All of them accept one Eire simliar in same way, A student is required to identify this odd one.
These items may be
2. Set of numbers
4. Set of letters
5. Words like months of the year, days of the week/ etc. Let us illustrate you with the help of examples.
1. Three of the following four are alike in a certain way and so form a group. Which Is the one that does not belong to that group?
(a) 85 (b) 65
(c) 185 (d) 165
\[165=5\times 3\times 11\]
We observe that only 165 has three factors other than 1 and itself.
So, 165 does not belong to the group of members having two factors each.
2. Three of the following four are alike in a certain way and so form a group. Choose the odd one out.
(a) 2, 5, 11, 13 (b) 2, 3, 1, 17
(c) 4, 6, 8, 15 (d) 2, 7, 19, 23
Each number of option (c) i.e. 4, 6, 8 and 15 is composite while each number of other sets is a prime number.
3. Find the odd one out.
(a) B (b) J
(c) t (d) G
The letter 'G- is at the odd place in the English alphabet while rest are at even places.
4. Identify the odd one out from amongst the four options
(a) ORUX (b) PSVX
(c) CFIL (d) JMPS
In all other groups, there are two letters in between two consecutive letters as in the English alphabet.
5. Three of the following four are alike in some way and so form a group. Which is one that does not belong to that group?
(a) January (b) December
(c) June (d) August
Except June, all other months have 31 days each.
You need to login to perform this action.
You will be redirected in 3 sec