Category : 1st Class
Problem solving is a process of working through details of a problem to reach a solution.
1. Rihana plucks 5 flowers in her garden. The 1st flower is pink. The 2nd flower is white. The 3rd flower is pink. If this pattern continues, what colour is the 5th flower?
(a) White (b) Pink
(c) Red (d) Yellow
Ans. (b) The pattern is as follows:
So, the colour of the 5th flower is Pink.
2. There are 2 bikes and 2 cars in a parking lot. How many wheels do they have in all?
(a) 16 (b) 8
(c) 24 (d) 12
Ans. (d) A bike has 2 wheels.
2 bikes have 2+2=4 wheels
A car has 4 wheels
2 cars have =4+4=8 wheels
Total wheels = 4 + 8 = 12
3. Misha went to the grocery store. She bought 18 packs of cookies and 12 packs of noodles. How many packs of groceries did she buy in all?
(a) 12 (b) 26
(c) 30 (d) 18
Ans. (c) 18 + 12 = 30
So, she bought 30 packs of groceries in all.
4. Jay had 14 marbles in his collection. He lost 6 marbles. How many marbles does he have now?
(a) 20 (b) 14
(c) 6 (d) 8
Ans. (d) 14 - 6 = 8
He now has 8 marbles
5. Lina said, "My number is the same as the number of fingers on my two hands."
What is Mohit's number?
(a) 5 (b) 6
(c) 7 (d) 10
Ans. (b) Lina's number = Fingers in two hands = 10
Mohit's number = 10 - 4 = 6
You need to login to perform this action.
You will be redirected in 3 sec