Category : 2nd Class
Type I: How to find the missing term or next term in (number, letter or figure) series to continue the given series?
· Identify the order of series (descending or ascending) order.
· Observe the pattern using operations: Addition, Subtraction, Skip counting and Reverse counting.
· Identify the order of alphabetical series either from A to Z or Z to A.
· Numbering of alphabets either starting from A or starting from Z.
· Skipping letters.
Type II: How to find the missing number in a number pattern?
· To find the missing term in the number pattern, identify the rule followed in given terms of the pattern using mathematical operations, tables.
Type III: How to find the missing part in the figure pattern?
· Complete the figure pattern by drawing its incomplete part in the pattern.
1. Look closely at the figures in the boxes below. Find the rule followed in the pattern and the missing figure.
(a) (b) (c) (d)
Explanation (b): Each figure in row repeats itself after three figures. So, the missing figure is Figure (b).
2. Find the rule followed in the figure pattern and the missing figure.
(a) (b) (c) (d)
Explanation (c): Each figure is formed by adding 1 short line on the slanting line. So, the missing figure is Figure (c).
3. Find the missing number in the number pattern-II, if the series in both patterns follows the same rule.
(a) 61 (b) 40 (c) 71 (d) 51
Observing the pattern followed in pattern-l, we can get the missing term in pattern-ll.
4. Complete the number pattern.
(a) 40 (b) 34 (c) 44 (d) 54
Explanation (c): Number in square is found by adding number in the above triangle four times.
You need to login to perform this action.
You will be redirected in 3 sec