A conjunction is a word that is used to join two sentences. A conjunction is also called a joining word.
- Steve and Smith are friends.
- This book and that book are same.
- The elephant is big but the mouse is small.
- James cannot sit because the chair is dirty.
- In the first sentence the word and is joining two words Steve and Smith.
- In the second sentence the word and is joining two words this book and that book.
- The third sentence the word but is joining two sentences the elephant is big and the mouse is small.
- In the fourth sentence the word because is joining two sentences James cannot sit and the chair is dirty.
- In this way the word and, but and because are joining two words or two sentences. These words are called Conjunctions.