Category : 3rd Class
A pattern is a repeated design or recurring sequence. It is a set of pictures/ shapes, letters or numbers arranged according to a certain rule.
Find the missing term or next term in (number or letter) series to continue the given series.
· Identify the order of series (descending or ascending order). Observe the pattern using operations: addition, subtraction, skip counting and reverse counting.
· Identify the order of alphabetical series either A to Z or Z to A.
· Numbering of alphabets series either A to Z or Z to A.
· Skipping letters/numbers.
Find the missing term in the pattern.
· Identify the missing term in the pattern by observing the rule followed in rest of the given terms.
Find the missing part in the figure pattern,
· Complete the figure pattern by drawing its incomplete part in the pattern
Type I. Picture Based Pattern
Example - 1
How many smiling faces will be there in Pattern 5?
Pattern 1 Pattern 2 Patterns 3
(a) 10 (b) 12
(c) 15 (d) 16
Smiling faces in pattern 1=3
Smiling faces in pattern 2=6
Smiling faces in pattern 3=9
So, the Pattern is as follows
Example - 2
Joshua is weaving a pattern into a rug. What would most likely come next?
Each pattern repeats itself at every fourth step.
Example - 3
Which of the following options will complete the figure (X)?
Type II: Number Based Pattern
Example - 4
Complete the number pattern.
3, 6, 11, 18, 27, ___?___, 51, ____?____.
(a) 34, 60 (b) 38, 66
(c) 42, 71 (d) 46, 75
Rule followed in the series is:
Difference between consecutive terms are consecutive odd numbers.
Type III: Alphabet Based Pattern:
Example - 5
(a) IP (b) PU
(c) MT (d) NS
The Pattern is as follows:
So, MT will complete the alphabet pattern.
You need to login to perform this action.
You will be redirected in 3 sec