Category : 4th Class
Conjunctions have three basic forms.
(i) Single Word
For example: and, but, because, although
(ii) Compound (often ending with 'as' or 'that}
For example: provided that, as long as, in order that, etc.
(iii) Correlative (surrounding an adverb or adjective)
For example: so...that
Below given is a list of some commonly used conjunctions
And But Since When Either - or
Although Because Till While Neither - nor
As well as If Until Unless Therefore
As Or Stilt Yet Befored
See the following examples where sentences are joined with the help of conjunction:
1. You, he and I are friends.
2. Marry was reading and Sita was Playing.
3. Tom and Jerry are brothers.
4. Richards is sleeping but Serena is awakening.
5. He worked hard but failed.
6. Run fast or you will lose the race.
7. Is Mr. Mohan rich or poor?
8. Work hard because you have to pass.
9. He as well as I is honest.
10. Either he or I am mistaken.
11. Wait for me till 1 come back.
12. I believe him because he is honest.
13. I met my friend while 1 was in Mumbai.
14. Though he is rich, he is not happy.
15. Unless you take a taxi, you cannot catch the morning train.
16. He was ill therefore he could not appear at the examination.
17. Aditi and Rupa study in the same class.
18. Neither this bus nor that one will take you to the school.
19. The boys started playing because the teacher was not present.
20. When the cat is away, the mice play.
You need to login to perform this action.
You will be redirected in 3 sec