Search and Replace Text
MS Word provides the facility to search or match specific text in the document. You can also replace the searched text with other text. This facility is very useful because it minimizes the time and effort required for searching the text in the document.
To open the Find & Replace dialog box:
- Select Edit -> Find or Replace menu option or press Ctrl + F short cut key, as shown in the following figure: (See Figure. 9.5.8)
- Enter the word or text, which you want to search for in the Find what list box and click Replace tab.
- Enter the word that you want to replace in Replace with list box.
- Click Find Next for finding specified word. This will highlight the word in the whole document.
- Click Replace All for replacement of word in the whole document or click replace to replace the current highlighted word.
Inserting an Image using Clipart
MS Word enables you to insert image or shape in a document. Clipart is a library that provides number of picture. You can directly insert those images in your document. To insert an image: (See Figure. 9.5.9)
- Locate the cursor where you want to insert an image.
- Go to the menu bar and select Insert -> Picture -> Clipart, as shown in the following figure:
- Select the appropriate picture and right-click to open pop menu.
- Click Insert.